- 10-15 times the service life of wire rope or strand
- Able to withstand tension-tension fatigue
- Lighter, easier to handle during installation
- Can be tensioned to the same loads as the pendants being replaced
- Customized to your requirements
- View Technical Bulletin
Union’s mid-boom pendants for draglines are parallel aramid fiber ropes with a heavy braided polyester jacket covered with a thick urethane outer coating. Our ARA-BOOM products have demonstrated a life expectancy of 10 to 15 times that of wire rope.
- Modulus of Elasticity: 10x106 (69 GPa)psi at 10th cycle(1)
- Termination Strength: 80% of rope Rated Breaking Force
- Rope Creep Rate: 0.16%(2) stretch under constant load
|Resin-filled spelter sockets(3) with molded bend restrictors ESCO L-7013 or equal
|Resin-filled spelter sockets(3) with molded bend restrictors ESCO L-7014 or equal
|Resin-filled spelter sockets(3) with molded bend restrictors ESCO L-7015 or equal
|Resin-filled spelter sockets(3) with molded bend restrictors ESCO L-7018 or equal
|Resin-filled spelter sockets(3) with molded bend restrictors ESCO L-7021 or equal
(1) Cycles are 10-40% RBS.
(2) Creep rate based on 5-year continuous load @ 10% RBS. Example: Creep Rate for 80 ft. (24.4 m) assembly for
5 years@10%=1.54" (39 mm).
(3) Phillystran recommends new sockets.
NOTE: Rope data and dimensions are approximated and may vary at time of manufacturing
Phillystran manufactures high tenacity fiber ropes, strands, braids and strength members from fibers such as Kevlar®, Twaron®, Technora®, Vectran®, Dyneema® and Zylon®. Phillystran also manufactures polyester ropes for specialized applications. Phillystran products are used worldwide in a broad range of marine, industrial and military rope applications including mooring lines, life lines and winch lines, boat rigging, structural and support lines, power cables and broadcast tower guy cables.